Launched in 2011, CareerSTAT is an employer-led national collaboration of health care leaders who promote employer investment in the skill and career development of frontline health care workers. An initiative of the National Fund for Workforce Solutions and its implementation partner, Jobs for the Future, CareerSTAT is led by Director Jan Hunter and guided by an executive committee of health care employers. The CareerSTAT initiative is generously funded through The Joyce Foundation.
To encourage these investments, CareerSTAT:
- Engages health care executives who will champion the business case for these investments;
- Recognizes employers who substantially invest in frontline workforce development;
- Documents effective practices and the business impact in a wide variety of health care settings; and
- Disseminates best practices and the business case for investment in frontline workers to industry leaders and public policy makers
CareerSTAT's network is growing and includes employer partners from across the country who share a common vision, mission and value proposition to making the business case for investing in the frontline health care workforce.
CareerSTAT goals include:
- Issuing white papers on the impact of the Affordable Care Act on the frontline workforce with recommendations that can be implemented to address these associated challenges
- Issuing new business impact studies from partner organizations
- New data, best practices and lessons learned from peeer through CareerSTAT convenings and participation in the National Fund for Workforce Solutions Fourth Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL (June 17-19, 2014).
- Introduction of a Frontline Healthcare Worker Champions Recognition Program to pay tribute to organizations demonstrating exemplary practices in providing skill and career development for their frontline workforce.
An additional group of hospital leaders, funders, and workforce development professionals work to advance CareerSTAT goals and objectives.